Monday, February 7, 2011

Like a Brother - Chapter 3


Chapter 3
To Min Lee,
                Guess what? I’m no longer living alone anymore. (^^) I’ve found some abandoned kittens nearby last night while coming home from work and they were so adorable. Luckily Jonghyun was around to help me out. I’ve included pictures of the kittens with their names and new home. What’s even more surprising is that Jonghyun’s part of the famous boyband SHINee and they’re my neighbours and classmates. We’ll be going shopping today to buy a few things. I hope those people back home didn’t bother any of you guys. Take care and I miss you all.

Regards,

Jin Woo Hyung

Jin Woo
I’m up early today to make breakfast. Chicken porridge with fried onions and chopped scallions when someone rang the doorbell.
“Coming…” I went to open the door and found SHINee waiting outside.
“Just in time for breakfast.” I smiled at them.
“What is it today?” Taemin asked.
“Chicken porridge. Something simple to start the day.” I replied.
“Mmmmm…Chicken.” Onew said.
“Come on in…I’ll go check on the progress first.” I went to the kitchen. Minho, Key, Taemin and Jonghyun made a beeline straight for the SHINee Kitties. Onew offered to help me instead. While preparing the meal, I looked at Onew.
“Are you afraid of cats?” I asked out of curiosity.
“Not really…just that something happened in the past. It’s my fault actually. I’m not really good with small animals and children.” He said. Somehow, I feel like helping him to overcome it. But maybe another time.
After setting up the table, the kittens woke up and started mewing loudly for their meal. I prepared and served them immediately as the others watched.
“You know, Tiggy reminds me of Jonghyun. He’s the smallest of the bunch.” I said to them. It took Jonghyun a few moments to understand what I was saying and he turned around with a I’m-gonna-kill-you stare.
“Sorry…no hard feelings.” I looked at him jokingly. “And breakfast is ready.” I added as the others made their way to the dining table. Onew was already helping himself with the food. I went to clean myself and changed in my room before coming down. Key was the first one to see me and he was stunned. His spoon clattering into the bowl. I have an uneasy feeling about this.

Jonghyun
I looked up at Key when his spoon fell into the bowl. Everyone else was curious what happened as we followed his stunned gaze towards Jin Woo. What I saw next almost shocked me. Standing there, was a person that looks more like an ajusshi than a 19 year old hyung. I didn’t want to find out whatever is in his closet.
After breakfast, Key was looking around in Jin Woo’s closet while myself and the others sat on the bed.
“Don’t you have anything else better to wear?” Key looked at him after he has done searching.
“It’s all that I have. I don’t go out much usually.” Jin Woo smiled apologetically.
“Well, we’ll need to do something about your clothes.” Key said.
“And your looks.” Minho added.
“So it’s settled then.” I looked at the others.
“Minho and Key will be with Jin Woo hyung. While myself, Jonghyun and Taemin will look for books.” Onew added. With that, we went on our way to the mall.

Jin Woo
It was an interesting outing. I’ve never been around the city much since the day I got to Seoul. The sights and scenes were amazing. We were travelling towards one of the areas known for its shopping malls.
We stopped outside one of the malls. “Shall we try this one?” Key asked. I looked up and saw the sign board. Shin Kyung Mall. Instantly I knew what it was. Part of something that I swore not to be related to anymore. Shin Kyung Enterprise.
“Is something wrong?” Taemin asked. That got me back to reality.
“Oh, nothing. Can we try another place?” I turned to Key.
“Sure, there are other choices around here.” He said as he brought us to another mall.

Jonghyun
Is it just me? I thought I saw something dark passed through Jin Woo’s eyes when he saw the sign board. But I didn’t want to ask him and make myself feel like an intruder into his personal life. But I wonder what happened to him in the past? The thoughts kept turning in my mind as we made our way to another location.

Jin Woo
We came to another mall, as planned, Key and Minho were to take me get a new look and clothes while Jonghyun, Onew and Taemin went to the bookstore.
“First, we need to work on your looks.” Key said as we went to a stylist. I saw the price list of each services which was more than what I can save for myself from my part-time wages.
“I…I can’t afford this…” I looked at Key.
“Don’t worry…Think of it as our thank you for the food and SHINee Kitties. At least for now.” Key pushed me through the doors. Just then, one of the stylist came over.
“Key, and Minho. How nice of you to drop over.” The stylist smiled as she greeted us.
“Hi Yeunee noona, can you help make Jin Woo hyung look fabulous?” Key asked the stylist.
“You know how capable I am.” The stylist giggled then looked at me. “Jin Woo is it? Please come over to this seat.” The stylist gestured to one of the empty seats.
“Okay…” I answered nervously and followed with Key and Minho behind me.
“Hmmm…” The stylist felt my hair as she was deep in thought while looking at the mirror. “I’ll give you a wash and cut. Something that suits your facial features.” With that, she started to work.
The wash was…relaxing… I’ve never been to such salons before in my life. It took about half an hour for her to finish but it felt like a few hours have gone by. She then proceeded with cutting and drying my hair. I didn’t dare to look how it will turn out.
“Alright…” The stylist turned the seat around. “What do you think?” She asked Minho and Key.
“Perfect.” That was Key’s only answer. Minho nodded in agreement.
I tried to see for myself in the mirror and I look completely different. Like a stranger was staring back at me if it wasn’t for my spectacles.
Key paid the stylist, which apparently was given a discount because he introduced “such a good looking hyung” according to her. That turned my face red like a tomato.
“Next, a new pair of spectacles.” Minho said as he lead the way to an optometrist.
One of the clerks smiled as he saw us entering. “Ah, Minho and Key…How have you been?” He greeted.
“Hi Lee Tae hyung. Could you give Jin Woo hyung a check while we pick out the spectacles?” Minho asked the clerk.
“Definitely.” The clerk agreed as he asked another to help out with Key and Minho’s selection.
“If you would follow me please.” The clerk gestured as I followed.
Everything seems to be fine after I’ve done the check. Key and Minho have already selection a few choices on the display counter. I glanced at some of the prices and it was way more than I can afford. I wanted to reject the choices but Key gave the Don’t-say-you-can’t-take-this look at me and I gave up immediately. I guess there’s no escaping this anyway.
“We chose frameless spectacles for the smart look.” Minho explained.
“Try them on and see which you think is best.” Key said as I sat.
I tried each and every one of the options until I settled on one which is slightly rectangular in shape. “This one looks okay.” I told them.
“Ah, nice choice. The glasses are specially manufactured in a way that you can wear both outdoors and indoors. Under strong sunlight, it will turn into a darker shade. Much like a pair of sunglasses.” The clerk explained.
“Alright. We’ll take this then.” Minho decided as he paid for the purchase. “And keep this old pair in the box.” He told me as the clerk passed our purchased item in a small bag.
“Now that we’re done with your looks…” Minho said as we came out from the optometrist.
“Time to look for your clothes.” Key finished the sentence as we headed to a boutique.
Guess I’ll surrender myself to their expert choices. But first…

Jonghyun
“Cat Care for Dummies”, “Basic Cat Care”, “Know Your Kitty”, “What Does Your Cat’s Sound Means?”…Man there are a lot of books on cat care. I’m just going to take one of each until Onew had to stop me.
“Three books are more than enough. Otherwise all of the books on cat care will be gone from their shelves.” He said.
“Sorry. Guess I got too carried away.” I smiled sheepishly. Taemin was hanging around the comics section.
Just then, my phone buzzed as I took it from my pocket. A message from Jin Woo.
“Jin Woo hyung needs some stationeries.” I told Onew as we headed towards Taemin and asked him to carry the items Jin Woo listed. For what reason he didn’t say.
I wonder what he’s planning to do with this many things…

Jin Woo
Well, at least there’s something else that I can do for all of us. Key and Minho looked through the available selections from different boutiques as they paired tops with bottoms. In the end, both Key and I got a few bags in each of our hands. And I’m wearing one of their selections. We then headed to look for new shoes and ended up with Minho carrying a few pairs as well. Again, I’m wearing one of their choices. I felt like buying a whole wardrobe with all these stuff. Makes me wonder why girls enjoy shopping so much.
“Hold on.” Key said as we found a seat to rest while he answered his phone.
“You guys are done?” He asked. I assume it’s from Jonghyun and the others.
“Okay, we still need a few things. I’ll send the list over to you guys in a while…Okay…we’ll meet up later over lunch.” Key then hung up and went to typing a message. I wonder what list that he has in mind.
“Now…time for lunch.” Key said as we got up and continued walking to a restaurant with Minho leading the way. All the while, I see passersby having a second look at me. It made me feel a bit nervous and embarrassed at the same time. There were even girls pointing and giggling among themselves.
“Don’t worry Jin Woo hyung. You look really great now.” Key smiled at me.
I guessed what Key said was true. As we entered the restaurant, all the customers seem to stare at us right from the start. We found a table to settled down while waiting for Jonghyun and the others…

Jonghyun
First was Jin Woo’s list and now Key’s. We came out from the pharmacist with all the items he has listed. Trust Key to do it all the way when it comes to fashion and image. Onew carried the items from the pharmacist while Taemin and I carried bags of books and stationeries that we’ve bought a while ago.
“Hold on, I think it’s them.” Taemin said as we stopped for a while. My hands felt like they were carrying dumbbells. He took out his phone and read the message before keeping it again.
“Lunch at the usual spot.” He told us. We then carried the bags and proceed to the location.
When we entered and saw Jin Woo…

Jin Woo
Their eyes went big. That was the reaction when they saw us. Guess it’s because of the amount of shopping that we’ve done on our side. Judging from Minho and Key’s looks, I assume the same goes when they saw the bags that Jonghyun, Taemin and Onew were carrying in their hands. Maybe I shouldn’t have asked for so much stationeries in my list. But I wonder what Key asked to buy with the items Onew was holding.

Jonghyun
First of all, Key and Minho managed to pull it off tremendously in changing Jin Woo’s looks. Secondly, the amount of shopping they’ve done was ridiculous. Well, I can’t say we’re any different from them. I wonder how are we going to carry all these stuff back to Jin Woo’s house.
“Wow…” Was what Onew can say.
“Jin Woo hyung looks…” Taemin was speechless.
“Amazing.” I finished the sentence for him.
We sat and read through the menu while a waiter took our order. Then we relaxed and chatted while waiting for our meal. Key and Minho was curious about the stationeries.
“I need to do something with those. But it’s a secret for now.” Jin Woo smiled. He then asked about the things Onew was carrying.
“Something which I need to teach you once we reach home.” Key explained. Jin Woo just nodded. A slight confusion on his face. After that, we had our lunch and made our way back.

Jin Woo
It took us quite an effort to carry all those things back to my place. But we made it anyway. Once we’ve entered my house, the SHINee Kitties were mewing loudly as they lined up near the cage opening.
“Alright, alright…I’ll prepare your milk.” I soothed them while preparing the milk mixture and placed it in the cage. The kittens started to lap it up hungrily while Jonghyun and the others placed the shopping down.
“Now then, I still need to teach you a few more things before we’re done.” Key said as he pulled me up the stairs.
Guess it’ll be a long day today. But I wonder what kind of reactions will I get on Monday in school…

1 comment:

~mEm0RiEs~ said...

waiting for chapter four..!! hahaha